Industries: Household chemicals, Fertilizers, Horticulture, Building chemistry
CAS number: 10043-52-4
WE number: 233-140-8
Chemical formula: CaCl2
Molar mass: 110,99 g/mol
Customs tariff code: 28272000
Instructions that describe the technology for preparing a 32% solution of calcium chloride by dissolving dry initial salts in water at the dissolution unit.
Individual solid salts of calcium chloride – CaCl2 are used as feedstock.
1. In accordance with the data given in Table 1, pour water into the container.
Table 1. Preparation of 32% calcium chloride solution
|Concentration of CaCl2 solution||Content of anhydrous CaCl2, 94-97%, кг|
|in 1 liter of solution||in 1 kg of solution||for 1 liter of water|
2. Turn on the water circulation in the installation.
3. Open the bottom of the bag with a knife and, if possible, slowly pour the contents of the bag into a container of water.
4. Avoid dusting the product. When backfilling, use a respirator to protect the respiratory tract.
5. Circulate the solution until complete dissolution of solid salts. The greater the intensity of circulation of the solution in the tank, the shorter the time for the dissolution of salts.
6. The dissolution of dry calcium chloride is accompanied by intensive heating of the solution (up to 60 ° C), the salt dissolves quickly. Appropriate safety precautions must be observed to prevent thermal burns. For this reason, it is desirable to load dry calcium chloride into a container with water in batches.
7. After complete dissolution of the salts, a sample of the solution is taken into a glass cylinder and, using a hydrometer, the density value is measured to the third decimal place.
8. Taking into account the temperature of the solution, which is determined using a thermometer, compare the obtained density value with the value given in table 2.
Table 2 shows the density values of a 32% solution at different temperatures.
A deviation in the value of the concentration of the prepared solution in the range of 31-33% is permissible. A deviation in the value of the solution concentration of ±1% corresponds to a deviation in the value of the density of the solution of approximately ±0.007 g/cm3.
Table 2. Density of 32% calcium chloride solution at various temperatures
|Temperature, °С||Density, g/cm3|
9. The finished solution is pumped into a storage tank.