Application and usage:
● Caustic is used in the pulp and paper industry for the delignification (sulfate process) of cellulose, in the production of paper, cardboard, artificial fibers, fiber boards.
● For saponification of fats in the production of soap, shampoo and other detergents.
● In chemical industries – for neutralizing acids and acid oxides, as a reagent or catalyst in chemical reactions, in chemical analysis for titration, for etching aluminum and in the production of pure metals, in oil refining – for the production of oils.
● As an agent for dissolving sewage pipe clogs, as dry granules or as gels (along with potassium hydroxide). Sodium hydroxide disaggregates the clog and facilitates its easy movement further along the pipe.
● Sodium hydroxide is also used for the washing of tires.
● In the textile industry – for mercerization of cotton and wool. With short-term treatment with caustic soda with subsequent washing, the fiber acquires strength and silky gloss.
● In cosmetology to remove corneal areas of skin, warts, papillomas.
● In photography – as an accelerating substance in developers for high-speed processing of photographic materials
● For the manufacture of, and for the replacement of conventional diesel fuel, also made of vegetable oils
0.5L metal bottle
5L plastic canister
10L plastic canister
20L metal bucket UN
25L plastic canister
25 kg bag (
640L IBC container
1000L IBC container
Melting Point: 323 °C
Boiling Point: 1403 °C